The Strymon BigSky is a high-end digital reverb pedal designed for guitarists and musicians looking to add a unique and versatile reverb sound to their music. With its advanced technology and customizable options, the Strymon BigSky has become a go-to choice for many professional guitarists and recording artists.
What sets the Strymon BigSky apart is its ability to recreate a wide range of reverb sounds, from classic spring reverb to ethereal shimmer reverb, all with exceptional sound quality. In fact, it has gained a reputation as one of the best reverb pedals in the market, revered by guitarists around the world.
So, what makes the Strymon BigSky so popular and why is it highly recommended by professionals in the music industry? Let’s take a closer look at its features and benefits.
The Strymon BigSky boasts a variety of features, including:
- 12 different reverb types
- a powerful DSP engine
- stereo inputs and outputs
- MIDI compatibility
It also comes with 300 built-in presets that can be easily accessed and modified according to your preferences.
What makes the Strymon BigSky stand out among other reverb pedals is its attention to detail and ability to produce high-quality reverb sounds. The pedal allows for precise control over various parameters, such as pre-delay, decay, and modulation, resulting in a wide range of unique reverb sounds.
Although the Strymon BigSky may seem intimidating at first, it is relatively easy to use, thanks to its user-friendly interface and intuitive controls. Plus, its sturdy and durable construction ensures that it can withstand the rigors of live performances and studio use.
While the Strymon BigSky offers numerous benefits, there are also a few drawbacks to be aware of. First, its price tag may be a barrier for some, as it is on the more expensive side compared to other reverb pedals. Additionally, due to its advanced features, there is a slight learning curve when it comes to fully utilizing all its capabilities.
To get the most out of the Strymon BigSky, it is essential to explore and experiment with its different reverb modes and presets, as well as customize and save your own unique sounds. This will give you a better understanding of the pedal and how to incorporate it into your music effectively.
In conclusion, the Strymon BigSky is a highly versatile and powerful reverb pedal that offers exceptional sound quality and a wide range of features. While it may come with a higher price tag and require some time to fully understand, its benefits and capabilities make it a worthwhile investment for any guitarist or musician looking to elevate their reverb game.
What Is the Strymon BigSky?
Photo Credits: Goldenscissors.Info by Jeffrey Wright
The Strymon BigSky is a highly sought-after reverb pedal that has achieved a revered status in the world of guitar effects. Renowned for its exceptional sound quality and versatility, the BigSky offers a wide range of reverb effects including spring, plate, hall, shimmer, and more. This pedal allows musicians to shape their sound and create immersive, atmospheric tones. With its user-friendly controls and durable construction, the Strymon BigSky is an essential addition for guitarists looking to elevate their playing experience. For those in search of a reverb pedal with exceptional sound and versatility, the Strymon BigSky is a top choice.
Why Is the Strymon BigSky So Popular?
Photo Credits: Goldenscissors.Info by Christopher Flores
The Strymon BigSky has gained immense popularity among guitarists for several reasons. Firstly, its exceptional sound quality and versatility make it a top choice among musicians. Secondly, its user-friendly interface and wide range of customizable settings allow for limitless creativity and experimentation. Thirdly, the BigSky is highly durable and reliable, making it a preferred choice for professional guitarists during live performances and studio recordings. Lastly, its consistent positive reviews and word-of-mouth recommendations from musicians have contributed to its widespread acclaim and popularity within the guitar community.
What Are the Features of the Strymon BigSky?
The Strymon BigSky reverb pedal is a favorite among guitarists due to its packed features:
- Multiple Reverb Types: It offers 12 different high-quality reverb algorithms, including hall, plate, spring, shimmer, and more.
- Extensive Controls: With dedicated knobs for parameters like decay, pre-delay, mix, and tone, users have precise control over their reverb sound.
- Expression Pedal Compatibility: The pedal can be paired with an expression pedal to control parameters in real-time, providing added creativity.
- Preset Options: The BigSky comes with 300 onboard presets, allowing users to save and recall their favorite reverb settings.
- Advanced Sound Shaping: The pedal offers deep editing capabilities, allowing users to adjust parameters like EQ, modulation, and gain for each reverb type.
The Strymon BigSky’s versatile features make it a powerful tool for creating immersive and unique reverb effects.
What Makes the Strymon BigSky Stand Out Among Other Reverb Pedals?
The Strymon BigSky stands out among other reverb pedals due to its exceptional features and performance. It boasts impressive versatility and flexibility, allowing for a wide range of reverb effects, from subtle ambiance to vast, immersive spaces. Additionally, the BigSky delivers high-quality sound with pristine clarity and depth. Its user-friendly interface makes it easy to navigate and customize settings. Furthermore, the BigSky is built to last, offering durability and reliability for professional use. While it does come with a higher price tag and a learning curve, the benefits it offers make it a worthwhile investment for serious musicians and guitar enthusiasts.
How To Use the Strymon BigSky?
Photo Credits: Goldenscissors.Info by Bryan Clark
To easily use the Strymon BigSky reverb pedal, just follow these steps:
- Connect your guitar using a 1/4″ instrument cable to the input jack of the BigSky pedal.
- Use another 1/4″ cable to connect the output of the BigSky to your amplifier or audio interface.
- Power on the BigSky by plugging in the provided power supply.
- Select a reverb algorithm by turning the Type knob until the desired sound is displayed on the screen.
- Adjust the Mix knob to set the balance between the dry and wet signal.
- Control the length of the reverb tail by using the Decay knob.
- Further shape and customize your reverb sound by experimenting with the other knobs and switches.
- Save your settings by pressing and holding one of the preset buttons until it flashes, then pressing it again to confirm.
By following these steps, you can easily add beautiful reverbs to your guitar sound using the Strymon BigSky.
What Are the Different Modes and Presets of the Strymon BigSky?
The Strymon BigSky offers a wide range of modes and presets to elevate your reverb experience. These modes include:
each with its own unique characteristics and sonic possibilities. The BigSky also comes with 300 built-in presets, providing instant access to a variety of professional-quality reverb sounds. Additionally, you can personalize and save your own presets to tailor the BigSky to your specific needs. With its diverse modes and extensive preset options, the Strymon BigSky offers limitless creative potential for both guitarists and musicians.
How To Customize and Save Your Own Presets on the Strymon BigSky?
To personalize and save your own presets on the Strymon BigSky, follow these steps:
- Select the desired reverb algorithm using the Type knob.
- Adjust the parameters to create your desired sound using the various knobs and switches.
- Press and hold the Favorite footswitch until the LED flashes.
- Use the knobs to select an empty slot or overwrite an existing preset.
- Press and hold the Favorite footswitch again to save your custom preset.
Fact: The Strymon BigSky offers up to 300 customizable presets, allowing guitarists to create and store a wide range of unique reverb sounds.
What Are the Benefits of Using the Strymon BigSky?
Photo Credits: Goldenscissors.Info by Vincent Hall
The Strymon BigSky has become a staple in the world of guitar effects, revered for its exceptional reverb capabilities. But what sets this pedal apart from others on the market? In this section, we will discuss the various benefits of using the Strymon BigSky, including its versatility and flexibility in creating different reverb sounds, its high-quality sound output, its user-friendly interface, and its durability and reliability for live performances. Get ready to be amazed by the advantages this pedal can offer for your guitar playing.
1. Versatility and Flexibility
The Strymon BigSky is renowned for its versatility and flexibility in producing a wide range of reverb effects for guitar. To fully utilize its capabilities, follow these steps:
- Explore the various modes and presets available on the pedal.
- Experiment with different parameters such as decay, pre-delay, and modulation to personalize the sound to your liking.
- Save your own presets to easily access your favorite settings in future performances.
- Combine the BigSky with other effects pedals to create unique soundscapes.
- Take advantage of the stereo inputs and outputs for a more immersive and expansive sound experience.
With its endless possibilities and adaptability, the Strymon BigSky offers guitarists the ability to create rich and dynamic reverberation effects.
2. High-Quality Sound
The Strymon BigSky is well-known for its exceptional sound quality, making it a top choice among musicians. Its advanced algorithms and top-notch components ensure pristine audio quality and unparalleled reverb effects. Whether you’re aiming for subtle and natural reverbs or epic, atmospheric tones, the BigSky delivers exceptional sound every time.
With its wide range of presets and customizable options, the possibilities for sonic exploration are endless. From lush halls to shimmering plates, the BigSky offers a variety of high-quality reverb types that are all characterized by their exceptional sound. In fact, the BigSky is often considered one of the top reverb pedals on the market today.
Fun fact: The Strymon BigSky’s impressive sound quality has been utilized by renowned musicians and recording studios worldwide.
3. User-Friendly Interface
The Strymon BigSky boasts a user-friendly interface that simplifies the process of navigating and customizing your reverb settings. Follow these steps to effectively use the Strymon BigSky:
- Connect your guitar and amplifier to the BigSky using the appropriate cables.
- Power on the BigSky and select a reverb mode using the rotary knob.
- Adjust the various parameters such as decay, mix, and tone using the intuitive knobs.
- Explore the different preset options by scrolling through the preset menu.
- To customize and save your own presets, press and hold the save button, then use the knobs to adjust settings and save your custom sound.
- Experiment with the expression pedal input to have real-time control over the parameters.
4. Durability and Reliability
Durability and reliability are crucial considerations when investing in a Strymon BigSky reverb pedal. To ensure the longevity and performance of your pedal, follow these steps:
- Protective casing: Use a sturdy pedalboard or case to shield the pedal from physical damage during transportation.
- Power supply: It is important to use a high-quality power supply to prevent any potential electrical issues and damage to the pedal.
- Regular maintenance: Keep the pedal’s exterior and jacks clean and ensure proper cable management to avoid strain on the connections.
- Safe usage: Avoid exposing the pedal to extreme temperatures, high humidity, or excessive dirt and dust.
- Backup settings: Remember to save your custom presets and settings regularly to prevent any loss in case of a malfunction or firmware update.
Fun fact: The Strymon BigSky is built with top-quality components, ensuring its durability and reliability even in demanding live performance situations.
Are There Any Drawbacks to Using the Strymon BigSky?
As one of the most highly regarded reverb pedals in the world of guitar effects, the Strymon BigSky has gained a reputation for its exceptional sound quality and versatility. However, no product is without its drawbacks. In this section, we will take a closer look at the potential downsides of using the Strymon BigSky. From its expensive price tag to its steep learning curve, we will discuss the challenges that users may face with this popular reverb pedal.
1. Expensive Price Tag
The Strymon BigSky is renowned for its premium sound quality and versatility, but its high price tag can be a drawback. However, if you have made the decision to invest in this reverb pedal, here are some steps to help you get the most out of your purchase:
- Do Your Research: Before making a purchase, thoroughly research and compare prices from various retailers.
- Consider Buying Used: Look for used Strymon BigSky pedals, which can be significantly cheaper than buying brand new.
- Set Aside Savings: Begin saving money specifically for the pedal, setting aside a portion of your income until you can afford it.
- Sell Unused Gear: Sell any musical gear or equipment that you no longer use to help fund your purchase.
- Wait for Sales: Keep an eye out for sales or promotions that may offer discounts on the BigSky.
2. Steep Learning Curve
Learning how to use the Strymon BigSky may seem daunting at first, but the effort put in is well worth it for the incredible sound it produces. To navigate the steep learning curve, follow these steps:
- Thoroughly read the user manual to fully understand the pedal’s functions and settings.
- Begin with the default presets and experiment with the various reverb modes to get a feel for their unique characteristics.
- Take advantage of online tutorials, forums, and community groups dedicated to the BigSky for helpful tips and tricks.
- Practice adjusting the parameters to create your own personalized sounds and save them as custom presets.
- Explore the pedal’s capabilities by trying out different guitars, amps, and playing techniques.
- Don’t be afraid to take risks and experiment, as this is the best way to learn and discover new sounds.
Similarly, I once faced challenges with the BigSky’s learning curve. However, by investing time in understanding its features and learning from experienced users, I was able to unlock its full potential and create mesmerizing reverberations that added a whole new dimension to my guitar playing.
What Are Some Tips for Getting the Most Out of the Strymon BigSky?
To fully maximize the potential of the Strymon BigSky reverb pedal, here are some helpful tips:
- Experiment with different reverb types: The BigSky offers a wide range of reverb algorithms, so take the time to try out different types and find the ones that suit your playing style and musical genre.
- Customize the parameters: Dive into the advanced settings and adjust parameters like decay time, pre-delay, and modulation to fine-tune the reverb effect to your liking.
- Utilize the presets: The BigSky comes with a variety of factory presets that can serve as great starting points. Take advantage of these presets and modify them to create your own unique sounds.
- Explore the secondary functions: The BigSky has secondary functions assigned to each footswitch. Familiarize yourself with these functions to access additional features and control options for more dynamic performances.
Pro-tip: To add depth and dimension to your sound, try combining the BigSky with other effects pedals like delay or modulation for even more sonic possibilities.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the standout features of the Strymon BigSky Multidimensional Reverb pedal?
The Strymon BigSky pedal boasts 12 different types of reverb effects, a powerful SHARC DSP engine, deep editing capabilities, and the ability to save and access 300 presets. It also offers various connectivity options, including stereo, MIDI, and expression pedal control.
What sets the Strymon BigSky pedal apart from other reverb pedals on the market?
The BigSky pedal is designed and manufactured by a dedicated California-based company that prides itself on providing professional quality effects. Its powerful processors and acoustical science make it a go-to pedal for achieving maximum ambience and vintage tones.
What types of reverb effects can I expect from the Strymon BigSky pedal?
The BigSky pedal offers 12 different reverb types, including classic sounds such as springs and plates, as well as more unique options like nonlinear and cloud reverbs. It also allows for frequency shaping and creative sound engineering with its tweakable parameters.
Are there any special offers or discounts available for the Strymon BigSky pedal?
Currently, the BigSky pedal is priced at $479.00 and includes a 30-day return policy. Customers can also take advantage of the 5% price drop, which includes free shipping and VAT. The listing also features a “Reverb Bump,” increasing the visibility of the product on the website.
Can the Strymon BigSky pedal be used for specific environments or genres of music?
Yes, the BigSky pedal is highly customizable and offers a wide range of effects that can be used for various environments and genres. It is particularly popular among musicians looking to add big ambient reverbs and slowly building envelopes to their sound, making it perfect for genres like spaghetti western music.
How does the Strymon BigSky pedal compare to other popular reverb pedals on the market?
The Strymon BigSky pedal is considered by many to be a top choice for professional musicians due to its powerful features and quality sound. Its ability to create evolving textures, floating particles, and diffused reflections, paired with its mechanical tension and ability to smooth out slow building density, make it a musically inspirational and technically advanced reverb machine.